You Might Be A
- you or your teacher has ever come to class in their
- you're allowed to listen to music during class.
- your mom carries a CHAP bag.
- you can eat all of your meals in class.
- the highlight of your year is the curriculum fair.
- the majority of your schoolwork is done on the couch.
- you know who Gregg Harris & Mike Farris are.
- your only classmates are 3 and 8 grades behind you.
- you never get a snow-day.
- you've ever been asked if you are properly socialized.
- people call you at 10 o'clock on a weekday morning asking
if you can baby-sit.
- you know what Saxon, A Becka, & Konos are.
- the only bell that rings at your school is the telephone
homeschooling phone trees are always calling during
- your school planner has a column entitled,
- your kitchen table serves as a lab, supply center, work
area, and occasionally a place to eat.
- your mom takes tons of pictures on your family vacation
with the claim, "it's for your portfolio!"
- you've ever had a crush on Josh Harris.
- 4 out of your 5 magazine subscriptions pertain to
homeschooling (The Teaching Home, Homeschooling
- you think that an "Anglo Saxon" is a math book.
- when you check out of the library, your stack of books is
taller than the librarian.
- the last 5 days of school are dubbed "portfolio
- you have to stop and think when asked, "What grade
are you in?"
- you start to get frantic in April when you still have 3
classics and 15 other books left to read.
- you get a weird sense of pride when you hear the song,
"homeschooled girl" (by Band of Believers).
- you shop for back-to-school clothes in your older
siblings hand-me-down pile.
- your school bus is a nine-passenger van.
- your yearbook is also your baby-book.
- all the signatures on your diploma end with the same last
- your first REAL date is on your honeymoon.
- you know for a fact that you're at a homeschool meeting
because of all the mini-vans in the parking lot.
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye is your favorite book.
- your dad calls himself the "Principal".
- you've gone on the same field trip to the state capital
fifty million times.
- you do things over the summer that count as school.
- you start praying that you'll get a boyfriend so that
you'll get to go to prom.
- for your home economics class your parents assign you to
clean the house.
- you're at the head of your class--but you're also at the
foot of your class...because you're the only one in your
- all your schoolwork is homework.
- Sundays are the only day of the week you see your peers.
- being sick is not an excuse for taking the day off
- you spend recess time doing the dishes.
- you feel sorry for Christian schooled kids, and even more
sorry for public schooled kids.
- you wouldn't have time to attend a real school.
- you always get asked, "Are you in ATI?"
- your parents threaten, "If you don't behave, I'll
send you to school!"
- you often go throughout a whole day without talking to
the teacher about your work--you know what to do and you
- you take your schoolwork when you go on vacation.
- you've been known to go up to a family without ever
having met them before and asking, "Are you
- your mother stocks up on the next grade's textbooks in
case of Y2K.
- your schoolwork can be turned in with little scribblings
on it, because your little brother was sitting on your
lap in math class.
- Josh Harris is a household name. (check out http://www.newattitude.org!)
- Josh Carden is your favorite humor columnist. (check out http://homeschool.crosswalk.com/humor!)
- you are buying your own bookshelf.
- by lunch time you are done with school and can fix lunch
while your mom finishes helping your siblings.
- you still take a "rest time" even though you're
- even though it floods you still have to do school,
because your school is in your bedroom!
- when ask what you do in your spare time you reply,
- you are ask if you are out of your mind when you say,
"I only listen to calm hymns!"
- you dare to pass on this e-mail to non-homeschoolers! :)